With 2023 just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start thinking about your cybersecurity posture. During your planning process, we recommend carefully considering how to address these five priorities:
- Ensuring proper security compliance – Employ the necessary technology to automatically identify cybersecurity control risks and uncover root causes before they become problematic and threaten your organization and its data.
- Monitoring system events to identify vulnerabilities – Install security and event management software (SEIM) that ingests system events from your desktops, servers, network and mobile devices to identify threats and perform end-user behavioral analysis.
- Protecting network entry points – Remove non-essential network entry points, map every service, device and application; and install and monitor firewalls to protect your infrastructure from unauthorized penetration.
- Training your staff to keep sensitive data safe – Create and enforce policies that protect your company and its data such as teaching employees about common phishing techniques, employing restrictions on payment card usage, requiring backup of all important data, and mandating the use of strong passwords and changing them regularly.
- Conducting regular cybersecurity audits – Keep detailed security logs about your privileged users’ activity and generate automated reports to identify unauthorized actions and incidents to help speed up and simplify your security audits.
While these cybersecurity strategies are not all-inclusive, they will give you a sound foundation toward protecting your network from threats to your sensitive company and customer data.
For a free consultation on your specific cybersecurity vulnerabilities and recommended priorities, choose your preferred time HERE.